Facility Methodist Charlton Medical Center Department Material Management Schedule Shift Day Hours 8:30-5:00
Where You're Needed
Plans, directs and organizes operations for Supply Location Charlton, including picking, bulk
storage, inventory control and distribution. Manages a team of employees, developing and motivating to
accomplish the goals of Methodist Health System and the department. Responsible for computerized
perpetual inventory of supply location Charlton. Acts as liaison between Methodist Charlton employees and
Corporate Materials Management staff, communicating needs and requirements. Responsible for accuracy
and timeliness of receiving, inventory, and CS patient charge transactions. Responsible for ensuring the
storeroom is maintained in a clean, safe and orderly manner. Represents Corporate Materials Management
department in meetings and communicates with Charlton physicians and senior management team. Supports
materials analysis and product standardization efforts. Manages contract relationships with assigned
Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Bachelor's degree in business or management, may substitute three years experience as a buyer, preferably
in a hospital or related healthcare field required or five years of supply chain experience in a computerized
environment with knowledge of medical supply, inventory control, distribution and warehousing techniques.
Licenses and/or Certifications (Required and Preferred)
Certified Materials & Resource Professional (AHRMM) a plus
Related Work Experience and Other Skills
• Ability to read, write, and speak English with strong writing, spelling and grammatical skills
• Able to work effectively with departments in a collaborative manner.
• Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency.
• Demonstrates adaptability and is able to flex schedule and perform other duties in the department as needed.
• Demonstrates good customer service skills. Is able to listen and understand customer needs and follows up
to assure that both parties are mutually satisfied with the service provided.
• Demonstrates initiative, is a self-starter.
• Is able to work independently, prioritizing and organizing workload effectively to complete tasks within the time frames delegated.
• Detail oriented and good with numbers.
• Knowledgeable about and follow safety guidelines
• Strong leadership ability
• Supervises: Direct reports in assigned departments
• Thorough knowledge of inventory control methods and warehousing techniques.
• Uses good problem solving skills. Is proactive, not reactive, and is able to analyze facts accurately,
developing recommendations and taking appropriate actions to resolve or avoid issues that have proven to be
• Work Experience: 5 or more years' healthcare experience in a computerized environment with knowledge of
Who We Are
Methodist Charlton Medical Center is a teaching, full-service, midsize hospital that is a true wellness partner for the Duncanville, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, and DeSoto communities. We're a full-service hospital with interventional cardiology services, a comprehensive cancer program, hip and knee joint replacement programs certified by The Joint Commission, and a designated Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission. Serving far southwest Dallas since 1975, Methodist Charlton is under construction on a new ICU unit that will expand to 32 beds. We're a busy, growing hospital. Plus we have been named among the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission. We offer an exciting, demanding, and fulfilling career for professionals, where you can work with complex, high-acuity cases. Other expertise includes:
American College of Cardiology (ACC) Foundation NCDR ACTION Registry®-GWTG™ Platinum Performance Achievement Award
Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)
Full-service interventional cardiology services including cardiac catheterization, electrophysiology, open heart surgery, and STEMI.
Where You Will SHINE
Methodist Health System believes its greatest asset is the team members in our organization that values and encourages diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organization. These are our guiding principles:
To improve and save lives through compassionate quality health care.
Vision for the Future
To be the trusted provider of integrated quality health care in North Texas.
Methodist Health System core values reflect our historic commitment to Christian concepts of life and learning:
Servant Heart - compassionately putting others first Hospitality - offering a welcoming and caring environment Innovation - courageous creativity and commitment to quality Noble - unwavering honesty and integrity Enthusiasm - celebration of individual and team accomplishment Skillful - dedicated to learning and excellence
Where You Are Valued
We know that employees who are happy, healthy, and fulfilled take better care of patients. We also know that caring for our employees as individuals makes us a better organization. Our benefits include:
Medical plan choices
Dental and vision plans
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Extended illness benefits
Weight management, tobacco cessation, and prenatal programs