This position is responsible for managing and organizing a centralized contract management function within Supply Chain Management. The Supply Chain Contracting Manager will work cross-functionally within the Supply Chain department and with hospital stakeholders to strategically and objectively source agreed upon goods and services in consideration of their total cost of acquisition and the financial and other impacts to the hospital.
1. Develop ongoing relationships and interactions with stakeholders; understand and serve the needs of the business and source goods and services accordingly. Provide fact based solutions.
2. Responsible for Managing supplier contracts. Work on projects and methodologies which bring a cost benefit to the business, as well as mitigating supply chain risk.
3. Identify savings opportunities within sourcing category through active contract management and operational efficiencies. Develop business plans for broad contract areas. Negotiate contracts with suppliers; evaluate bids and proposals and collaborate with Supply Chain Leadership team, and key stakeholders. Review and interpret vendor contracts for accuracy and completeness.
4. Analyze information to produce results and identify solutions to complex problems. Perform complex financial analyses and research related to supply chain services, and make fact-based recommendations to key stakeholders, providing guidance in selecting alternatives.
5. Work collaboratively with the RFP team on new bids and renewals.
6. Monitor contract compliance and non-contract spend. Analyze supplier change requests to existing contracts and recommend changes or revisions. Monitor, measure, and influence supplier performance and service levels through reports, business meetings and customer feedback.
7. Track the market to anticipate customer needs, make changes according to those needs and the impact to existing contracts or development of future contracts. Monitor inflation and its impact of forecasting. Responsible for supervising and providing guidance and coaching to Contract Analysts.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: None required.
Complexity of Work: This role requires: Analytic and critical thinking skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective decision making, problem solving skills. Requires interactions with individuals at all levels, including medical staff. Excellent communication and organizational skills Strong quantitative analytical skills required. Able to work in a team oriented environment. Excellent Presentation Skills. Personnel management skills. Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office suite a must Expected to understand and anticipate changing market trends to assist in the development of strategic business strategies.
Required Work Experience: 5 years contracting experience
Organizational Profile: Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics. The system offers a diversity of opportunities and specialties matched only by our uniquely skilled team of over 10,000 employees. Memorial Healthcare System has developed a strong organizational culture that empowers its workforce and supports a vibrant patient care environment. In fact, MHS was recognized by the Studer Group with a "Fire Starter Award" for extraordinary outcomes in developing a culture of service and operational excellence.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.