At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
The MemorialCare Human Research Protections department ("MHRP") is responsible for: 1) Protecting the rights, welfare, and well-being of human subjects involved in research; 2) Enabling and supporting the MemorialCare Research Program through an effective IRB process; and 3) Establishing, managing, and ensuring effective HRP, IRB, and related workflows and operational transparency.
The Director of MHRP oversees the essential components of the program: IRB administration, research compliance, research integrity, financial conflicts of interest, and training and education. This individual will assist the Executive Director of MemorialCare Research in responding to inquiries from the Office of Human Research Protections and the Food and Drug Administration. The Director also facilitates support for IRB and Privacy Board review and approval, Data Safety Monitoring, Scientific Review, and additional functions of human subjects protections and research integrity (as such committees and boards may be established).
Principle Duties & Responsiblities:
* Develop and maintain MHRP infrastructure: Policies, procedures, and guidance manuals, and MemorialCare Federalwide Assurance ("FWA").
* Support MHRP functions, committees, boards and researchers through interpretation of federal and state laws and regulations, and institutional policy and procedure.
* Direct the performance of routine and directed audits and monitoring, investigations of scientific misconduct, and compliance concerns submitted via the Compliance Hotline.
* Establish and manage IRB reliance and Central IRB agreements, as well as the front-end and back-end processes that support these agreements.
* Oversee HRP functional responsibilities such as serving as the reporting representative to the Compliance Committee and Audit Committee, defining the reporting of serious or continuing noncompliance in human subjects
* research, and developing "Lean" workshop initiatives and "Gallup" performance evaluations.
* Hire and manage MHRP staff, including managers, supervisors, and analyst team members, as well as managing the educational opportunities, expectations and motivations within their respective roles.
* Collaborate directly with senior leadership such as the MHS IRB Chair(s) and Vice Chair(s), as well as the leadership of associated research functions: Operations, Finance, and Sponsored Projects.
* Develop and Defend the distribution and accounting of department budget.