| UTMB Health (The University of Texas Medical Branch) is an academic health science center located on Galveston Island along the Texas Gulf Coast. We are currently seeking a Director of Purchasing to join our Business Operations and Facilities team. The Director of Purchasing will provide direct leadership for the daily operations of Acquisition functions and will ensure the efficient acquisition for all supplies, materials, equipment, capital construction projects and services for the entire institution, in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures. |
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Acts under delegated authority as Chief Purchasing Agent for UTMB.
- Provides technical and process based expertise in all aspects of Acquisition.
- Ability to manage staff of 3 managers and 28 acquisition specialists who process large volumes of contracts, purchase orders, and sourcing events.
- Expected to lead annual cost savings initiatives that contribute millions of dollars to margin improvements across all segment of the University.
- Provides expert support to institutional committees regarding purchasing matters.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Develops programs, policies and procedures to monitor supplier performance and fulfillment of contract obligations.
- Analyzes and recommends medium to long term process improvement plans to support institutional and departmental business strategies.
- Analyzes staff workload, process performance and realigns resources as needed..
- Collaborates with HUB department and supplier community to increase HUB spending on contracts.
- Assists in the design and execution of an effective system of internal controls with reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Investigates and responds with corrective action plans to audit findings from internal or external reviews.
- Creates and monitors annual departmental and individual staff performance goals.
- Supervises staff including hiring, training, performance appraisal, and discipline up to and including termination.
- Oversees P-Card Program to insure compliance and effectiveness.
MARGINAL OR PERIODIC FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares materials and delivers presentations internally and externally as required.
- Attends meetings, seminars and conferences as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primary office location for this position is in Clear Lake, TX, and requires frequent travel to the main UTMB campus in Galveston, TX.
For questions, please contact Audrey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.