The Vice President of Supply Chain has overall responsibility for supply chain management and is responsible for the development and implementation of Rochester Regional Health's supply chain strategy and day-to-day execution. The Vice President of Supply Chain leads a team of procurement and logistics professionals to achieve organizational goals, which include ensuring a cost effective supply chain with exceptional service levels.
An executive presence and strong communication/presentation skills are necessary and the Vice President of Supply Chain must have excellent leadership skills to set the tone and vision for the organization, while teaching, training, and inspiring the Supply Chain team.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
As the leader of Supply Chain, this key role will be responsible for:
- Developing, negotiating and implementing contracts which include local and large multi-national suppliers (GPO's/Distributors)
- Developing and implementing supply chain and logistics solutions that drive improvement in overall business results
- Identifying strategies to deliver year-over-year cost improvements and driving these strategies through Value Analysis Teams (Medical/Surgical, Perioperative Services and Technology Teams) in direct and indirect materials, energy, capital expenditures and transportation
- Developing and retaining a high performance supply chain team by attracting, engaging and rewarding top talent, and acting as a coach and mentor for the team
- Managing the supply base to ensure that any potential risks are identified and that contingencies are put into effect to minimize those risks
- Driving continuous improvement by utilizing metrics, tools, procedures and ERP system to achieve best-in-class performance
- Ensuring relevant supply management policies, practices and procedures are developed, maintained and adhered to
- Building effective and collaborative relationships throughout the company with operational areas and support services
- Identifying, building and maintaining strong and enduring relationships with critical suppliers
- Engages with a variety of key leadership within the sourcing and collaboration business segments to understand goals, assess technology needs, and triage potential opportunities for further elaboration by the product management staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration (preference for a supply chain or technical degree)
- MBA or relevant master's degree preferred
- 10-15 years of progressive responsibility and leadership in either supply chain management or business operations positions.
- Understands how the supply chain product landscape is evolving in the context of the shift to value-based reimbursement among providers
- Experience in a supply chain leadership role
- Demonstrated leadership skills in attracting and developing talent, and leading cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Proven ability to develop and implement supply management strategies that support the business objectives
- In-depth knowledge of current supply management / logistics practices
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost performance and drive improvement
- Experience in developing and utilizing metrics, both internally and externally, to drive performance
- Strong, broad-based business acumen and analytical skills
- Experience with supply chain management technologies and systems in an ERP environment
- Proven ability to improve processes / systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement operating plans, including a thorough knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis and cost control practices
- Capability to build collaborative relationships internally and externally, including the ability to influence, develop and motivate people from diverse backgrounds
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran