While Vail is recognized world-wide for its year-round recreational activities, Vail Health has over 900 employees and is known for being one of the region's largest employers and a cornerstone of our community.
We are home to:
Howard Head Sports Medicine, the official medical provider to the US Ski & Snowboarding Team and USA Climbing.
Shaw Cancer Center is the region's only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center
At the base of North America's number one ski mountain, Vail Health has been providing care to the local and surrounding communities since 1965.
Internationally known orthopaedic and sports therapy practices
Emergency and trauma services in three convenient locations throughout the Valley
Highly accredited regional cancer care
A birthing center that performs an average of 600 deliveries/year
Elite surgical services
Oversees all shipping and receiving as it relates to assigned hospital geographic location and is an expert resource/liaison for Materials Management requirements. Evaluates and responds to critical need for all stock and non-stock items for the Pyxis and non-PYXIS locations. Assists to determine need and provides PAR analysis for other locations. First point of contact for problem solving as it relates to the Materials Management department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Oversee the receiving of supplies and equipment for the hospital and clinics following set departmental policies and procedures.
2. Maintains schedules for personnel at specified Facility.
3. Ensures staff execution of all daily tasks.
4. Ensure delivery logs, supplies, and equipment are ready for transport to the hospital and clinics and develops a logistical plan for distribution.
5. Oversee the receiving of stock and non-stock items at designated location.
6. Performs Pyxis and inventory analysis making recommendations to order more supplies as needed.
7. Communicates all fall outs that need supervisor assistance.
8. Notify buyers and vendors of any shipping errors.
9. Assist the buyers to fill orders for the Pyxis machines in a timely and accurate manner.
10. Oversees annual and semi-annual inventory audit to ensure cycle-counts are done in a timely manner.
11. Special projects as assigned.
12. Role models the principals of a Just Culture.
13. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Vail Health provides attractive benefits for year-round employees and seasonal employees.
See why we're one of the best places to work in health care!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Vail Health Benefits
Be a part of a nonprofit that serves our friends, families and visitors.
Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental and vision).
Five weeks or more of Paid Time Off (PTO) in year one.
5% retirement match.
Childcare reimbursement ($500 for one child, $1,000 for two or more children).
Tuition reimbursement for continuing education.
Entry-level positions start at $15 per hour and increase with experience.
End-of-season bonuses for seasonal positions.
Vail Health was named in Becker's "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare".
2 years hospital experience with inventory management, medical supplies, and/or storeroom experience required.
Current, valid driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria required.
Computer / Typing:
Microsoft Office knowledge preferred. Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
About Vail Health
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive