This leader has operational accountability and oversight, and manages the daily activities of the supply chain operations at Venice Hospital. In this role, the leader sets the tone and models positive leadership behavior, while ensuring team work tasks, projects, and responsibilities are completed successfully in support of departmental and organizational goals.
- Require six (6) years of work experience in health care supply chain, with a minimum of three (3) years of progressive leadership or supervisory experience.
- Prefer knowledge of supply chain management processes.
- Prefer operational re-design and improvement experience leveraging software to improve process, efficiency, or customer service.
- Prefer proficiency in the advanced use of computer software and database queries in a Windows environment (Excel, Work, MS Projects, PowerPoint, PS Query, etc.).
- Prefer strong team leadership and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to manage personnel.
- Prefer the ability to take the initiative and solve problems independently.
- Prefer the ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively.
About Sarasota Memorial Health Care System - Venice
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System, an 839-bed regional medical center, is the among the largest acute care public health systems in Florida. With almost 7,000 staff and 500 volunteers, it is Sarasota County’s largest employer. A community hospital founded in 1925, Sarasota Memorial is governed by the nine-member elected Sarasota County Public Hospital Board. It is a full-service health system, with specialized expertise in heart, vascular, cancer, and neuroscience services, as well as a network of outpatient centers, long-term care and rehabilitation among its many programs. Sarasota Memorial is the only provider of Level II trauma services, obstetrical services and Level III neonatal intensive care in Sarasota County.