Location New Haven, CT Department Supply Chain Management Category Mgmt/leadership Sub Category NON-CLINICAL Status Full Time Shift DAYS Hours 40.00
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Summary: Reporting to the Director, Value Analysis, the Corporate Supply Chain Optimization Manager leads the Project Managers, Value Analysis Nurses, Clinical and Material Management Performance Improvement staff with overall responsibility for achieving supply expense management initiatives and targets utilizing the value analysis process. The Corporate Supply Chain Optimization Manager leads all value analysis structures across the organization. This position is also responsible for all activities related to the Yale New Haven Health System Clinical Governance Committee (CGC), Operating Governance Committee (OGC) and Nursing Governance Committee (NGC). The Corporate Supply Chain Optimization Manager will develop and execute a structured approach that will maximize our application of Supply Chain data analytics and clinical evidence leading to best in class efficiency, product standardization and utilization. This position will require excellent organizational skills, comprehensive medical product knowledge, impeccable communication skills and a genuine commitment to excellence in program development.
1. Manages the daily activities of all staff to ensure the efficient and timely completion of initiatives to meet operational and financial objectives of the Value Analysis team. Ensures the team is operating at a high level of efficiency; utilizing process improvement techniques where appropriate. Establish measurable individual and departmental goals and objectives.
2. Responsible for maintenance and administration of a system-wide value analysis process with the goal of providing high quality, efficient and cost-effective service; this process requires the establishment of and adherence to a streamlined method for standardizing and monitoring product/service selection, utilization and costs.
3. Responsible for developing and maintaining standardized project tools to monitor and ensure project objectives remain on target and are achieved in accordance with the project deadline.
4. Assists the staff in developing and preparing meaningful and impactful presentations based on collected data to effectively communicate product analysis which will support changes to appropriate stakeholders
5. Actively works with members of the health care team and system teams to assist them with product selection and conversions, which includes listening to concerns, mediating user issues with vendors/manufacturers, and following up on product quality concerns
6. Directs product/service selection and introduction, investigation, analysis, education, conversion, issues and tracking projected outcomes
7. Attends, facilitates or leads discussions with senior leadership across departments and/or delivery networks to ensure the communication of project objectives and to gain support and buy-in of suggested opportunities as related to the CGC, OCG and NGC.
8. Collaborates with system committee members, executive leadership, senior management and departmental resources to identify areas of opportunity and to identify and develop a pipeline of new projects and initiatives.
9. Keeps current on technology, regulatory and operational trends in the health care and academic industry which may impact product/service utilization
10. Accountable for coaching, guiding and mentoring staff to improve the efficiency of the team?s performance and to facilitate their professional development including timely orientation and performance reviews
11. Provides vision and leadership to staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives.
12. Leads by example, successfully demonstrating the personal attributes defined in the Yale New Haven Health System Mission, Vision and Values and Standards of Professional Behavior.
13. Meets team financial objectives by forecasting requirements; assisting in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
14. Understands and takes full advantage of GPO and NPC contracts and offerings where appropriate.
15. Participation in regional and national supply chain groups to ensure Yale New Haven Health System is fully informed on leading practices in the health care supply chain.
Bachelor Degree in healthcare or related field is required. Clinical degree and/or Masters preferred.
Minimum of 5-10 years professional work experience, preferably in healthcare. Previous management or leadership experience required.
Ability to organize resources and establish priorities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to navigate across departments and delivery networks to achieve results. Demonstrated ability to successfully resolve complex problems across multiple departments and/or delivery networks. Serves as the department?s subject matter expert and resources in area of expertise (patient care, finance, operations etc.) ACCOUNTABILITY:
Accountable for the development of staff and effective management of assigned projects in order to attain annual established targets. COMPLEXITY:
This position is responsible for managing Clinical and nonclinical staff and assuring project processes and timelines are maintained. Develops, implements, and maintains solutions to support business objectives. Directs and creates strategic relationships with both key internal (Physicians, Executives, etc.) and external (Vendors, GPOs, stakeholders, etc.) to allow for the maximization of current and new opportunities. PHYSICAL_DEMAND:
Must have the ability to travel to various sites across the health system.