The Sr. Director of Supply Chain Operations is responsible for the daily operations of all supply chain functions and serves as the liaison between Supply Chain and leadership of the Hospital. This position reports directly to the Sr. Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The Sr. Director of Supply Chain integrates the department's services with the Hospital primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support services, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. Area's reporting to this position including, purchasing, value analysis, contract negotiations, product sourcing, vendor management, inventory management, receiving, distribution, product evaluation, print shop and supply chain analytics. Strong communication and presentation sills are necessary. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Supply Chain, which strives to meet and exceed the need of its customers.
Job Duties Include:
* Provide overall leadership to Supply Chain including purchasing, capital equipment acquisition, product sources and evaluation, receiving and distribution.
* Development of the Supply Chain Strategic Plan and Implementation of the Plan.
* Manage the profit and loss of the facility Supply Chain operations.
* Functions as the key staff member of the Supply Chain Steering Committee.
* Directly interacts with members of Hospital leadership and medical staff on goals an strategy for the department.
* Establish and maintain analytics, reporting as required and implementing plans for continual improvement. Maintain analyze key Performance Indicators and recommendation for benchmarks and standards.
* Execute the infrastructure project plan for the Hospital.
* Reports on GPO compliance and participation and maintain strong relationships with the GPO (Vizient and Captis)
* Facilitate the standardization of products and optimize supply utilization through effective collaboration with Physicians and clinicians.
* Execute the Supply Chain Performance Measurement plan at the hospital.
At least 10 years progressive experience within healthcare supply chain. At least 7 years as either the lead of hospital supply chain or a director in a system with demonstrated ability to work with senior leaders and physicians.
Bachelors required with Master preferred
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: 14902
About North Kansas City Hospital
As one of the largest employers in the area, North Kansas City Hospital prides itself on being a source for exceptional healthcare. Since 1958, we have been evolving, growing and making the improvements needed to meet the ever-changing needs of the community. We started as an 80-bed healthcare facility, and have grown into a 70-acre campus composed of the Hospital, an acute-care facility with 451 licensed beds, a Health Services Pavilion, our NorthCare Hospice and two physician office buildings. We are the area’s premier healthcare facility thanks to the efforts and foresight provided by our leadership, the community and our dedicated employees.
North Kansas City Hospital celebrates and empowers employees. Here, you matter and you’re respected and acknowledged on an ongoing basis. You’ll have numerous opportunities to challenge and improve upon your professional skills. You’ll also get a competitive compensation package, generous benefits like education assistance and a collaborative work environment.
No matter what your role is here, you are vital to our success. From day one, we encourage you to build great working relationships and use provided resources to strengthen your... professional goals. Find out how you can have a remarkable career at North Kansas City Hospital. Learn more about our culture and our awards and accreditations.