Summary: Implements/maintains strategic sourcing and contract management strategies for purchasing supplies, services, and equipment for assigned departments and satellite locations. Negotiates optimal prices, terms, and conditions The MetroHealth System (MHS). Functions within the established policies and procedures set by the Supply Chain Department and MHS. Completes special projects as assigned. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
Responsibilities: 1. Implements/maintains strategic sourcing and contract management strategies for purchasing supplies, services, and equipment for assigned departments and satellite locations.
2. Executes all purchases in a commodity category (e.g., capital equipment, medical/surgical supplies, maintenance, supplies, and services).
3. Provides contracting assistance to assigned departments/commodity areas.
4. Functions as a representative of the Supply Chain Department and MHS.
5. Completes special projects as assigned.
6. Keeps abreast of purchasing/contracting trends, developments, and practices by participating in continuing education courses, professional organizations and seminars; reads current literature and maintains professional contacts in the community.
7. Incorporates principles of teamwork in the resolution, completion, and follow-up of responsibilities.
Qualifications: Required: Meets one of the following: • Bachelor’s Degree in Business or another related field, AND 5 years of professional contracting, supply chain, and/or materials management experience. • Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree, AND 2 years of professional contracting, supply chain, and/or materials management experience. • In lieu of degree, 10 years of professional contracting, supply chain, and/or materials management experience will be considered. Experience using Microsoft Office software packages. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
Preferred: MBA. 3 years of experience in a healthcare and/or government/public purchasing environment.
Internal Number: 8531
About The MetroHealth System
The MetroHealth System is an essential health system committed to providing health care to everyone in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and improving the health of the community overall. Its 7,500 employees deliver care to everyone at its main campus, just west of downtown Cleveland, and at more than 25 other MetroHealth locations. It also provides health care at more than 40 additional sites in Cuyahoga County through community partnerships such as the School Health Program.