Manage all inventory functions, people, and processes to ensure that patients receive best care with the right supplies and the right place and right time. Develop and strengthen inventory control processes to drive increased productivity, superior accuracy, precise forecasting, cost for value optimization and functional information tracking. Support strategic supply chain initiatives through analysis, creative problem solving, productivity tools and metrics. Identify opportunities, influence change and lead tactical execution of projects that support value analysis, standardization and other innovative operational initiatives. Closely partners with Distribution and Logistics Managers and their staff engaged in inventory, logistics, and buying stock items. Manage inventory distributors, vendors and manufacturers, with focus on ensuring delivery of safe patient care and services. This position works with Director to implement Vision around Inventory and Logistics Management and Process Controls, while partnering with Managers to implement best practice and lean philosophies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
• Demonstrates competence as described in the Children’s Leadership Essentials. • Exposure to and broad understanding of all supply chain functions and interconnectivity. • Broad understanding of industry standards, future thinking, and emerging technology • High level of proficiency in MS Office, including MS Access database. • Experience in inventory management and ERP systems required; Workday experience preferred. • Strong background in process improvement methodologies (i.e. Six Sigma, PDMA TQM, Just-in-Time), along with successful project management experience. • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to build and motivate teams and lead system level change management. • Proven ability to develop, use, manipulate and explain analytical tools, metrics and models translating them into actionable results. • Experience monitoring and ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. • Proven ability identifying potential risk areas within area of responsibility and for supporting the problem resolution process. • Experience maintaining records of compliance activities and reporting compliance activities to the Compliance Office. • Proven ability to provide excellent service routinely in interactions with all customers, i.e. coworkers, patients, visitors, physicians, volunteers, etc.
1. Establish collaborative, value-based relationships with business partners, obtaining feedback on an ongoing basis. Clarify and focus priorities to support objectives. Work closely with Director, Logistics and Inventory Management to communicate developments to customers, Leadership and Supply Chain team. 2. Manages and Develops System-wide inventory planning activities including training, working closely with Distribution & Logistics, Procurement, Clinical Operations and business partners. Provides critical input into the development of the supply network as it expands to meet Children’s needs. 3. Target areas of forecasting, demand management, inventory control, cost reduction, product standardization/customization and creative solutions to enhance logistics operations and saving opportunities. 4. Optimize inventory levels using statistical models to design min/max/reorder levels. Balance inventory levels against customer service, carrying cost and supply criticality. Troubleshoot as needed with distributors, vendors and manufacturers to address shortages, back-orders, allocations, and substitutions. 5. Leads Supply Chain's role in developing and implementing Supply Chain's role in Recalls and Disaster Supply Management including development system level communication, metrics to monitor product flow to ensure support of patient care services. 6. Physical Inventory System Oversight including schedule and oversee auditing of physical inventories, reviewing and reconciling actual counts against system balances. Resolve discrepancies, identifying root causes and driving process system level process improvements. 7. Develop new and optimize existing systems to automate and expand inventory control activities throughout the organization with special emphasis on areas with the highest supply spend. Includes Storage Strategy (Par, POU: Point of Use, OmniCell, etc.) 8. Develops system level key performance indicators and best practices against key processes, including development of accurate reporting to drive measurable performance improvements. Maximize use of existing inventory control system, and recommend/employ additional technology where appropriate and practical.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Logistics, Engineering, Business, Materials Management or related field
• 5 years’ experience in logistics and inventory management. 2 years’ experience in forecasting and supply chain analytics. • Experience in enterprise resource planning.
* CMRP preferred * Certification in process improvement methodologies (i.e. Six Sigma) preferred
• Experience in healthcare • Experience in leading system level change • Experience in data mining and analysis • Experience with Lawson, Workday and Omnicell • Experience in leading cost saving initiatives for Supply Chain • 2 years supervisory experience
About Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.